The AX88796A is pin-to-pin compatible to AX88796 and is not recommended for new designs. For new designs, recommend to implement the cost-efficient solution, AX88796C instead.
Non-PCI 8/16-bit 10/100M Fast Ethernet Controller with Embedded PHY
● Highly integrated with embedded 10/100Mbps MAC, PHY and Transceiver
● Embedded 8K * 16 bit SRAM
● Compliant with IEEE 802.3/802.3u 100BASE-TX specification
● NE2000 register level compatible instruction
● Single chip local CPU bus 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet MAC Controller
● Supports both 8 bit and 16 bit local CPU interfaces include MCS-51 series, 80186 series, MC68K series CPU and ISA bus
● Supports both 10Mbps and 100Mbps data rate
● Supports both full-duplex or half-duplex operation
● Provides an extra MII port for supporting other media. For example, Home LAN application
● Supports EEPROM interface to store MAC address
● External and internal loop-back capability
● Supports Standard Print Port for printer server application
● Supports up to 3/1 General Purpose In/Out pins
● 128-pin LQFP low profile package
● 0.25 Micron low power CMOS process. 25MHz Operation, Pure 3.3V operation with 5V I/O tolerance
● RoHS compliant package
What are the differences between the AX88796A and AX88796?
Please refer to "Appendix C: Notice of AX88796A" of AX88796A datasheet for the differences between AX88796A and AX88796 and some design notes of AX88796A applications. Basically, you can just replace the AX88796 IC with AX88796A IC by using the same AX88796 driver on your existing AX88796 PCB board directly. If you have any problems to implement AX88796A on your existing AX88796 applications, please contact ASIX Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further support.
Hardware Design Documentation
Software & Tools
AX88796+8051 KeilC uIP port sample codesFor AX88796 + 8051 demo board