A The AX88796A Fast Ethernet Controller is a high performance and highly integrated local CPU bus Ethernet Controller with embedded 10/100Mbps PHY/Transceiver and 8K*16 bit SRAM. The AX88796A supports both 8 bit and 16 bit local CPU interfaces include MCS-51 series, 80186 series, and MC68K series CPU and ISA bus. The AX88796A implements both 10Mbps and 100Mbps Ethernet function based on IEEE802.3 / IEEE802.3u LAN standard. The AX88796A also provides an extra IEEE802.3u compliant media-independent interface (MII) to support other media applications. Using MII interface, Home LAN PHY type media can be supported.
As well as, the chip also provides optional Standard Print Port (parallel port interface), can be used for printer server device or treat as simple general I/O port.
● Highly integrated with embedded 10/100Mbps MAC, PHY and Transceiver
● Embedded 8K * 16 bit SRAM
● Compliant with IEEE 802.3/802.3u 100BASE-TX specification
● NE2000 register level compatible instruction
● Single chip local CPU bus 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet MAC Controller
● Supports both 8 bit and 16 bit local CPU interfaces include MCS-51 series, 80186 series, MC68K series CPU and ISA bus
● Supports both 10Mbps and 100Mbps data rate
● Supports both full-duplex or half-duplex operation
● Provides an extra MII port for supporting other media. For example, Home LAN application
● Supports EEPROM interface to store MAC address
● External and internal loop-back capability
● Supports Standard Print Port for printer server application
● Supports up to 3/1 General Purpose In/Out pins
● 128-pin LQFP low profile package
● 0.25 Micron low power CMOS process. 25MHz Operation, Pure 3.3V operation with 5V I/O tolerance
● RoHS compliant package
What are the differences between the AX88796A and AX88796?
Please refer to "Appendix C: Notice of AX88796A" of AX88796A datasheet for the differences between AX88796A and AX88796 and some design notes of AX88796A applications. Basically, you can just replace the AX88796 IC with AX88796A IC by using the same AX88796 driver on your existing AX88796 PCB board directly. If you have any problems to implement AX88796A on your existing AX88796 applications, please contact ASIX Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further support.
软件 & 工具
AX88796+8051 KeilC uIP port sample codesFor AX88796 + 8051 demo board